The Grooming Process
In order for your pet to have a regular ‘routine’, You Dirty Dog Pet Grooming uses the following procedure to insure your pet has a through, safe and enjoyable grooming session.
- The pet is checked over for mats, skin conditions and parasites.
- The pet is then bathed in the appropriate shampoo. The most common shampoo we use is aloe vera based. This a great over all skin and hair cleaner. Other shampoos are used based on skin condition, if there are mats, any parasites and the amount of dirt in the coat.
- While the pet is in the tub, the anal sacs are express, ears are cleaned and when possible, the nails are cut.
- A cream rinse conditioner is applied. This helps with dematting, if there is any. And it also protects the coat while the pet is being blow dried.
- If the pet will allow us, blow drying is done on the grooming table. This helps loosen and remove most mats and helps the coat to lay correctly for the finish grooming process.
- Usually at this point the pet is given a break and placed back in their room to finish drying.
- After the pet is completely dry, the coat is brushed out to finish removing mats and the final trim is finished. Bows and bandana’s are optional and the pet is ready to go home.
You Dirty Dogs Pet Grooming offers many grooming services for your dog or cat. Since pets come in all shapes, sizes, and coat types, there is no one price that covers all pets. The price list below will get you started. Call today for a more accurate estimate for grooming your pet.
Dog grooms start from $40.00 depending on the size of the dog. There will be an additional charge if your pet has mats, fleas, or is very dirty. Dogs can be shaved down only if they are severely matted, not for cosmetic reasons. Dematting charges begin from $10.00, depending on the size of the dog and the severity of the matting.
- Long-haired cats $45.00
- Long-haired cat shave-down $60.00
- Short-haired cats $40.00
- Short-haired cat shave-down $60.00
All pet grooming services include:
- Ear Cleaning
- Anal Sacs Expressed (upon request)
- Nails Cut
- Pads of Feet Shaved Out
- Shampoo with an Aloe Vera Based Shampoo
- Blow Dry and Trim
- If your pet has fleas, ticks or matting there may be an additional charge.
- Nail Polish $ 5.00
- Teeth Brushing & Rinse $10.00
- Flea Shampoo $10.00
- Medicated Shampoo $10.00
- Medicated Cream Rinse $10.00
- Specialty Shampoo $10.00
- Specialty Cream Rinse $10.00
- Hot Oil Treatment $20.00
- Skin Moisturizing Treatment $15.00